2014년 10월 31일 금요일

Uncharted World

Uncharted World 

    When I was 10 years old, I went sailing the sea with my boat. Sometimes, this tiny boat needed to be anchored at the harbor to supply food and water for my crews. Many people would like to travel the world in order to gain new experiences and have fun, but traveling is not easy to do because it requires us to have time and money. However, I could have those experiences through the games, “Uncharted World 2”

    I was a lucky kid who had a computer. When my mother went to work, I put the floppy disc into the computer instead of downloading the games from the internet. Then I played the game, “The Lion King” Perhaps younger generation wouldn’t know what a floppy disc is. This is like a CD-ROM but it can only store 1.44 megabytes, which is almost 1,388,888 times less than my external hard drive. Only one game can be installed in this disc. I played the games when I had finished homework from school, but after my family had a problem, I became more focused on playing the games than before. At that time I discoverer a new game, “Uncharted World 2” 

    In this game, you will be playing one of the important characters who should sail the seven seas. Each character has their own purpose of why they should go to sea, such as to make money, to find new worlds, and to become a famous person. This game changed my thought about games. I learned many things through this game. For example, I memorized tons of cities' locations. In this game, I should trade a lot of special goods to the other cities, because of that I could automatically be able to memorized location of cities.. Sometimes I became a pirates who had fierce ships. Sometimes I became a trader who had enough money that can buy anythings in the world. Sometimes I became a very first explorer who just completed the world map. I was really enjoying this game, and I was learning the world. 


    A few month ago, I tried to play this game again. I just wanted another taste of those experiences, but after a few minutes, I deleted the games because I didn't feel anything. I think playing the games are similar to traveling somewhere. The first time, you will be amazed by new environments, but this memory will fade after time. Even you try to visit that place again, you will not experience like first impression. I believe that a special moment doesn’t matter whether it comes from real life or virtual life, it will still be cherished in our mind.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기